Soulja Boy Tell'em - Blowing Me Kisses








cited from Wikipedia 

Background[edit]

Soulja Boy wished to work with artists such as Jay-Z,[3] and Eminem.[4][5] Soulja Boy collaborated with American rappers Gucci Mane and Birdman on "Swag Flu" and with Canadian teen pop singer Justin Bieber on "Rich Girl".[6][7] Nicki MinajSnoop Dogg50 CentLil WayneTrey SongzJamie Foxx,Busta RhymesChris BrownRay J, and Arab were in works to be on the album but Trey Songz, 50 Cent, and Arab were the only artists who appear on the album out of those names.[8][9] S.O.D. rapper JBar was to be on the album but was not.[1] A track with 50 Cent called "Mean Mug" was released on September 23.[10]
On April 23, 2011, four months after the album's release, during an interview with Complex Way stated that internal disagreements with Interscopeinfluenced the album's disappointing record sales. Way also blamed the timing of the album.
"Honestly, I shut down for a week [after my album dropped]," He told Complex. "I wasn't talking to nobody, I wasn't talking to management, and I wasn't talking to the label. I wasn't picking up nobody's calls. I went like that for a week. I was in a state of confusion. I needed answers...the label only shipped like 18,000 copies [of the album]. So I wasn't able to do gold first week or even 100k, none of that. They only put like 8,000 units in Best Buy. It was crazy."
Way also stated that he felt helpless because of communication with Interscope was lacking, and he believed the label failed to listen to him. He claims that his souring relationship with producer and mentor Mr. Collipark, who for the first time did not do any production work on Way's album, gave him less power to negotiate with record execs.
"When I first started it was Soulja Boy and Collipark. But after my label Stacks on Deck Money Gang Records was established and I started making all these different moves, I started to become a businessman. My label was taking off and I guess I was putting more time and energy into that, then to Collipark. He wasn't feeling that and it just went left. He wanted me to be all for Collipark. So during the third album, I didn't have him there to be able to tell the label to ship 500,000 the first week, or put the single on the radio, or we need this song. So I was basically out there by myself, just hoping the label will do the best they can."
Even though the two have since made up, Way stated that because of the disappointing album sales he was about to give up on his music career, but he didn't because of his other mentor 50 Cent, who was also a guest on the album, told him not to and to keep going.
"50 was like, 'You've got to keep doing what you’re doing. You're Soulja Boy, you're here for a reason. Everybody's not going platinum. Everybody didn't do what you did. Everybody didn't come in on the Internet. You're the one that started the Internet. You're the one that got me on the Internet. You're the one that got us on blogs, on YouTube, and on Twitter.' I was like, 'Man, you know what? You're right.' He wasn't doing nothing but speaking true knowledge to my head and it got me right back in the studio. So I ain't going to never quit. I'm going to stay in this music industry. I'm going to stay making hits, and I'm going to do what I've got to do, and I thank 50. I really needed that at that time."

コメント

人気の投稿