Bow Wow feat. Omarion - Let Me Hold You ft. Omarion








Cited from Wikipedia 
Single by Bow Wow featuring Omarion
from the album Wanted
ReleasedMay 1, 2005
Format12" maxi single
CD single
Digital download
GenreHip hopR&B
Length4:08
LabelColumbia
Writer(s)Jermaine DupriNo I.D., Brenda Russell
ProducerJermaine Dupri, No I.D.
CertificationPlatinum (RIAA)

Background[edit]

Whereas Bow Wow's earlier singles discussed romantic love in the voice of a teenager or in the voice of someone suffering from unrequited love, in "Let Me Hold You", the singer is addressing, for the first time, a girlfriend with whom he is in a serious relationship. "Let Me Hold You" is the first single Bow Wow has released since reaching the age of eighteen, which may be reflected in an increased maturity in the theme of this love song.
On his own end, Bow Wow has also publicly announced his interpretation of the song's meaning as he stated, ""Basically the song is me talking to a girl and telling her, 'These are the things I can do for you. Let me hold you down. This is what I want to do for you as a man. These are the things I'm capable of doing for you if you get with me. Just hear me out.' I'm just really talking to the ladies. The song is really special to me, and I love that song."
As the two artists on this song do not usually record together, there is a story behind how the collaboration came together, but it is not complicated or involved. Bow Wow has stated, "The [way the] whole thing came about [was] me and Jermaine Dupri were in New York, in the studio working, and he was like, 'You need to get Omarion on this.' I said, 'O? That's nothing. I'll call him right now.'". The pair were then able to coordinate their schedules and met up together in Los Angeles to record the song.



コメント

人気の投稿